Team Win finally ... wins!
Have you heard of the sport 'ultimate frisbee'? It seems like an oxymoron to most people, but it's great fun. The major sport it most resembles is American football--not to be confused with the far superior fĂștbol--and it is rapidly gaining popularity in the U.S., particularly on college campuses. If you want to read more about it: http://www.whatisultimate.com/
This summer, I'm playing in a co-ed league (meaning guys & girls on the same team). I missed two games while I was in Ecuador, but I returned to the U.S. just in time for playoffs! Our team hadn't won any of our regular-season games, but that didn't keep us from talking trash ... or from calling ourselves 'Team Win'.It turns out, our cockiness wasn't completely unjustified. We handily won our first playoff game despite the blistering heat and suffocating humidity. I drank 64 ounces of water and didn't have to pee, just to give you an indication of how bloody insane the conditions were.
Go Team Win!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home