Hydration is underrated
I haven't slept well in several nights because when I lay down, my tongue feels so swollen that I can't breathe very well. Today, I took the afternoon off of work because I felt so tired, achy, and feverish. A phone call to my dad ended in me promising to see a doctor. Two doctors' offices later, I had promised two doctors to go to the emergency room. Turns out tongue swelling is nothing to mess with--if it swells to much, you stop breathing. No es bueno.
I checked myself into the emergency room, where they ran blood tests to check for infection. They didn't find anything unusual. They took down a list of everything I've eaten lately and told me to stop eating those foods. I got hooked up to an IV drip with an antihistamine and lots of fluids. Turns out the ER doctor was horrified that I drank 64 ounces of water and didn't have to pee.

So maybe ultimate frisbee almost killed me. But we won ... and I looked like a pro.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home