Goofs and blunders
I´m no stranger to forgetting things, but I´m usually on top of the important stuff. Not so in the last two days ...
Last night, I´m at home taking a nap before my night classes. When I wake up at 7:00, I think, "Wow! I still have an hour before I need to be at the institute." So I hang out, talk to my host mom, and finally get on the metro about 7:30. I get to class at 8:00 and sit, and sit, and sit. Where are the students? I´d only had two attend my day-time class, but I was still surprised at a total no-show. After about half an hour of cursing the absent students for being lazy and irresonsible, I gave up and headed for the teachers´ lounge. On the way, I saw a student who I know has a class next door to mine at the same time. I told him how no one came and then asked, "Hey, don´t you have class now, too?" He replied that, no, he has class at 7:00.
DOH!
When I woke up, I should have seen 7:00 and freaked out, threw together my things, and dashed to the institute. Because, hello, that´s when my class starts! So it turns out I was the irresponsible one. Doh.
And today, blunder 2. So I´ve told y´all that it´s really cold here, even inside, right? Sometimes, I just don´t have it in me to change into pajamas after my night classes (I get home from them around 11 pm). Last night, I pulled off my bra without taking off my shirt, shirt, or sweater. A valuable talent! Then, I swapped my work pants for pajama pants and hit the sack. It´s really freaking cold in the mornings, too (imagine seeing your breath as you lay in bed trying to will yourself up), so when I had to get up around dawn today for morning classes, I didn´t have it in me to disrobe. So I wore the same shirt, shirt, and sweater, and swapped the pajama pants for work pants (a different pair than yesterday, if anyone cares). It wasn´t until half way through my first class that I realized ...
DOH!
I forgot to re-put on the bra! Luckily, with three layers and no need to run anywhere, no one is likely to know except me -- and, now, you! But still, I´m just not down with the whole free hanging thing. It feels bizarre and that´s distracting!
So there you have it, folks. Embarrassing ... but funny, no?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home