Pobresita
The end of the semester is rapidly approaching (two weeks left of classes!) and I can´t believe the months have gone by so fast. Unfortunately, my ability to reflect on my experiences here is being hampered by a stubborn cold/flu/South American "go home, gringo" bug. It´s been around for more than two weeks now, which is way beyond tolerable limits for this particularly impatient patient. The symptoms change in unpredictable ways, confounding my attempts to discern if I´m getting better or worse. For example, my wicked cough has mostly subsided and I´m sleeping again, but my appetite has been absent for three days, now I can´t breathe through my nose, and I´ve felt like I might vomit most of the day. Ummm ... you tell me.
Besides the gobs of green goo, I´m doing great. I gave some bum I was seeing (bum = he didn´t like me as much as I liked him) the heave-ho, which I feel great about. Okay, so I cried and felt rejected for a while, but now I feel great about it. I´m planning to meet up with my "baby" sister next month in Perú for my winter vacation. Ah, yes, winter vacation in July! Plus, I´m in the groove with work and receive lots of compliments on my Spanish!! The swelled head might be from sinus pressure, so let´s hold off worrying that I think too much of myself!
Now if only I could update my blog with all of the goings-on! I have several weeks of catch-up to do, including an awesome trip down south to Concepción. It included a tour of an old coal mine (we decended below sea level in a rickety cage) and running barefoot in the Pacific Ocean despite having to strip off my pants to strip off my tights that were protecting me from the winter chill. Ain´t life grand?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home