May 15, 2007

My birthday

I got to sleep in today because I don´t have class until 11:40. What a treat! When I groggily emerged from my room, my host mom was waiting to give me a big hug, kisses on the cheek, and two home-made gifts ... both very practical. She´s great. Only a few students were on time to class, but I told them it didn´t bother me because it´s my birthday and I´m happy. When I dismissed class, a guy who wasn´t even there at the beginning said, "1 2 3", and everyone burst into the loudest, most enthusiastic round of "Happy birthday to you!" I´ve ever received. It was incredible. I´m sure I was beaming and grinning from ear to ear. Then they all gave me hugs and kisses on the way out of class. It was such a special moment. After a few months of teaching, I can say with confidence ... they like me, they really like me!

Then I went home for a delicious lunch of lasagna (it was that or something I´d never heard of and decided not to risk on my birthday!) and a big, beautiful, and very tasty birthday cake. They then sent me happily to bed for a birthday siesta. They really like me, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home