Haps and mishaps
My life in Chile: it´s good, it´s bad, it´s almost never boring. This morning, I laughed out loud at the absurdity of it all. I was sick again yesterday, after a brief 3-day respite, and unable to leave the house -- or, for that matter, the vicinity of the baño (bathroom). Very bad. But I successfully navigated the Chilean health system to get a doctor´s appointment for Monday afternoon. Then, this morning, I felt significantly better. Good, if confusing as all get out. I helped my mom make kiwi-apple jam (it´s even more delicious than you can imagine; I´m salivating just typing about it) and planned some kick-ass lessons for next week. Awesome. Then I slipped and fell in the shower while soaping my feet. It felt like slow motion as my forehead approached the rim of the tub -- very surreal, looking back on it. Afterward, as I evaluated my various sore spots -- including a rather painful wrenching of my lower back and a big purple lump above my left eyebrow -- I started laughing. I didn´t know where it came from or how to stop it. So I just stood there, in the upstairs bathroom of my random Chilean family´s tiny house, half dressed, laughing out loud at the absurdity of it all.


2 Comments:
I hope you are healthy and healed soon.
I check your blog every so often to see how things are going. I'm glad you are, for the most part, having a great experience!
Hi Amanda,
I enjoy reading your blog. Hat off to you.
Muchos cariños,
Loly
Post a Comment
<< Home