March 24, 2007

Gracias!

Here I am in the teachers´lounge at my site, working on my lesson plans for next week and trying unsuccessfully to catch up on e-mails (Sorry!! I really do love you guys!). We have to buy our own paper and pay for any photocopies we make. Annoying. So I put exactly six sheets of paper from my ream into the printer, and rushed back to my computer to hit print. Approximately ten seconds later, I returned to the printer to retrieve my work and ... lo and behold ... someone else had come to collect **her** print job. She said, in Spanish, "Oh, those are mine." I replied, in Spanish, "The paper is mine." She grinned and chirped, "Gracias!" as she left the lounge. WTF. I furrowed my brow and shrugged, hopefully universal for "not like you gave me a choice, jerk".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home