April 10, 2007

Sick ... again

I feel so physically fragile. For the second time in less than a month, I´m miserably sick. It hit me on Sunday morning and I felt horrible the whole ride home from Mendoza. Seven hours on a bus over the Andes when your stomach is in full-on rebellion isn´t fun. And having dined on countless foods the night before, it was impossible to know which, if any, of them made me sick.

Then, Monday after my morning classes, I came home feverish (but freezing cold), exhausted, and aching all over. I slept until dinner, deliriously ate about a half bowl of broth, then went back to bed. I woke up later feeling a bit better, but still feverish, nauseated, and without appetite. I ended up going back to sleep at midnight, having eaten only an apple and that broth the whole day.

This morning, I felt 90% better. What in the world. Don´t get me wrong, I´m delighted to have some energy and appetite, but I´m so confused. How was I super sick yesterday and not super sick today? Maybe I need to accept that my body is as overwhelmed as my mind and my emotions, and that using past experience as a frame of reference just isn´t going to be that useful.

1 Comments:

At Monday, April 23, 2007 at 9:07:00 AM EST , Blogger Loly said...

Hi Amanda,
I truly enjoy reading your blog. Since you have not updated for several dates I will presume "No News, Good News"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home