May 04, 2007

I´ve been robbed

Of course you´ve been robbed. I tried to warn you, but you wouldn´t listen. All you had to do was ... ahhhhh ... seven years bad luck, that´s what it is. And, look, you broke your mother´s mirror.

-- from Disney´s cartoon Robin Hood, one of my family´s favorites. In fact, my siblings might be the only ones to know what I´m talking about!

In any case, my wallet was stolen and I feel like an idiot. It happend in the two minutes between when my friends and I left the cafe where we´d had lunch and the moment I thought, wow, I´m an idiot to have my backpack on my back. I pulled it around to the front and the pocket was open. $%&#!! I lost only about $14 in cash, but also my Chilean ID card, my debit card, my credit card, and my metro card. The inconvenience of blocking them all and getting replacements is huge. I would´ve paid those jerks $100 to not take the wallet. I would say that I hope whoever stole it really needed the money, but the deftness of the operation makes that seem unlikely.

But I emerged unscathed, except for a blow to my pride and some time spent running around by me here and by my parents in the States (thanks, as always!!). And what time spent abroad would be complete without having something stolen in broad daylight? Maybe this means I´ve gotten that part out of the way ...

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 9, 2007 at 2:56:00 PM EST , Blogger Loly said...

Hola Amanda,
Siento mucho que te hayan robado. What a bummer! Por aca por fin hemos tenido unos dias de primavera muy bonitos. La temperatura es perfecta y el tiempo esta soleado. Como te he dicho en el pasado "I am amazed at your courage and enthusiasm towards this adventure. You go GIRL...!!! Muchos cariños...Loly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home