Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Reasons I am swearing like a sailor and hate my world:
My teaching schedule just changed three weeks into the semester.
The students haven´t attended any classes yet, so they´re several behind.
The new class is at 8:30 a.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays.
The Wednesday class is my only one that day, which was going to be my volunteer day.
The first quiz for the basic students is on Monday and I still haven´t seen it.
The students don´t have books because the site decided to arbitrarily extend the registration deadline so there are still no official class lists, without which we can´t hand out books.
The students don´t even have copies of the first unit because the (apparently only) photocopy machine at the site is broken.
One of my basic classes is huge pain in the rear. The students have the attention span of hyperactive gnats on a sugar high. They applaud whenever someone answers a question correctly. It was cute the first time.
P.S. I had that class right before I got the news of the schedule change.
P.P.S. The wimpy piece of plastic that kept the batteries in my camera broke, so now rubberbands are holding it together.
P.P.P.S. Apparently, they don´t sell bras my size in Chile. Or at least ones that aren´t industrial-strength, full-coverage, triple-hook monstrosities. So now I have to wait until January when I´m back in the States to replace my bras, which have definitely seen better days. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home