Mood swings, anyone?
This morning, I woke up but laid in bed for a while because I don´t teach class until 2 pm on Thursdays. I thought: Wow, I´m really happy here. I like where I live, my friends, my job, etc. I´m just really happy. I´m so lucky. I got up, ate breakfast, graded exams, and read the newspaper (in Spanish, boo ya!). Then I was feeling cold and a little sleepy and decided to go back to bed. I mean, shucks, I don´t have to teach until 2!
When I woke up, I poked my head into the kitchen to say hi to my host mom. She asked me if I´d gone back to sleep and I groggily nodded. She got a disapproving, concerned look on her face and launched into how it´s not normal for someone as young as I am to sleep so, so much (I DO sleep a LOT). She hypothosized that I´m anemic and suggested some sort of full-body scan to determine what other ailments I might have. Then she said that maybe I´m malnourished because I haven´t been eating very much lately. Again, not normal for someone so young to eat so little -- especially in winter.
I tried not to start crying and I went back to my room grumbling inaudibly: I hate it here. Chile is so frustrating. Plus, if I had my own place, I would have more friends and I could eat and sleep however I wanted. My job and everything else sucks.
Mood swings, anyone?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home