February 06, 2007

Misadventures in dating

Here's a description of the "dating" I've done lately ...

In a ill-fated quest to keep myself busy in Seattle, I posted an ad on craigslist. Here's a brief summary of my three ill-fated "dates":

Guy1. Met up with Guy1 for Thai food. Good conversation, good chemistry. Until he says something about having a daughter. Then, upon probing, another daughter. And, upon probing further, a wife.

Guy2. Met up with Guy2 for drinks. Shows up late. German accent not nearly as alluring as advertised. Can't keep his eyes off my chest. Claims American girls love the way he kisses, so I give it a go. Horrible. Tell him so.

Guy3. Met up with Guy3 for a movie. Much shorter & scrawnier than photos indicate. Doesn't buy my ticket or put the moves on me. Assume he's not interested. Later lets me drive his Porche, but to a diner where he tries to debate everything I say. That night, receive e-mail telling me how beautiful and sexy I am and that he blew it. I agree, but decline request for second chance.

I leave Thursday afternoon NOT wondering why I'm single.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home