December 17, 2006

My second day in Mexico

I woke up at 8 a.m. and stumbled downstairs just in time for some breakfast. (It’s included in the $9/night!) I could’ve used more sleep, for sure, but I was paranoid about missing out on breakfast and on finding people to spend the day with. Over scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, and buckets of coffee, we talked about our plans for the day and I found out that the city’s museums are free on Sundays! My plans = done.

Five museums later, my feet are on fire. I saw modern art, indigenous art, installations, antique furniture and metal work, etc. My favorite exhibit was the evolution of maps of the Americas as people gradually replaced wild guesses with educated guesses with actual knowledge. It was a treat to be able to wander through so many museums for free! I’m bummed, though, because I got back too late to meet up with the group going to see a Mexican wrestling tournament. I’m not sure what it is, but I heard it’s a rockus good time and I’m disappointed to have missed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home