February 27, 2007

Call with my host mom

I called my host family again tonight, as instructed by my host brother. My mom was the only one home, but that was fine by me -- she spoke clearly and patiently repeated herself (yes!) -- and we talked for about 10 minutes. Our coordinator had told me that she was awesome and that I was going to love her and, after one conversation, I already do! I´m SO excited to move in with her and the rest of the family the week after next -- probably Feb 8. It will be great to unpack, get settled into my new ´hood, and eat her famously good cooking. I´m also SO anxious to start speaking and learning more Spanish. I´m shy about initiating conversation, but have a great time bumbling through once I´m in the thick of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home