September 16, 2007

Garlic snails?

In general, I love Skype (http://www.skype.com/). It lets me call my family and friends in the States for little to nothing, besides the cost of time at an internet cafe. I would be adrift in South America without it. But sometimes the connection isn´t the greatest. Often it´s due to human error, like when someone has the volume turned off or the headset unplugged. Sometimes, it´s that one party is in the middle of nowhere, Eastern Washington. That last example is my dad, who, along with my mom, is dropping my brother off at college. I just talked to him and told him that I´d talked to the youngest sibling and that she was on her way out to get acrylic nails. His response:

"Garlic snails??"

Then, I called my friend and she couldn´t hear me. We went back and forth with "can you hear me?" Apparently, she realized that the volume on her speakers was turned off. I asked, "Still nothing?" And she said:

"No."

Ummm, but you just answered my question.

Oh, life is funny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home