January 13, 2008

Ow ow ow ow

Day 34: Wow, I can't believe I've been "on the road" for over a month now. It doesn't seem like that long. Except to my feet. I have giant blisters and my usual confident stride has become a slow, wincing hobble. Even sitting here at the computer or laying in bed, they hurt. I've decided ... I mean, they've decided that it's time to take it easy for a bit. I just checked in to a cute, little hostel in Colonia, a similarly cute, little colonial-style town in Uruguay, across the river from Buenos Aires. I plan to take it reeeeeeally easy. Not only am I debilitated, I'm also sunburnt. The former is the natural result of walking as much as I have over the last month. In the last few days, despite the blisters, I've averaged probably 4 or 5 hours of walking per day. It's just so hard to stay off my feet when there's so much to see! The latter is nothing but my own stupidity. I was doing so well and then in two days, I managaed to sizzle away all that carefully-guarded paleness. It hurts like a bitch and I'm mad at myself for it.

I'll write more later. Right now, there are two other hostel guests waiting for the computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home