Apartment Search II
Place 5
Ding ding ding, we have a winner! After the disappointing start, I made a list of the things I was looking for (location, internet, laundry, freedom to invite people over, etc.). The only one that was iffy about Place 5 was the Spanish speaking. The girl I'll be living with is Chilean but speaks English, so it'll be up to me to keep things in Spanish. But my room is quite big and it has a big bed, a big window, and a closet inside the room! Oh, the things I've begun to appreciate!! I told her I would take it and she was really excited. She's 28 and works as a freelance something-or-other in publishing. She's artistic and energetic and we hit it off well. I'm happy to have a home lined up!
Place 6
Why is there a Place 6, you ask? Well, I'd already made the appointment to see Place 6 before I'd seen Place 5 and I didn't want to cancel for fear that I would be missing out on the best place in Santiago! (I'm such a second-guessing commitment phobe sometimes.) Two brothers live there and the one I met seemed cool. The place was big and comfortable, though clearly decorated by the mother (their parents own the apartment). It was cheaper than Place 5, but I wasn't nearly as excited about it. My room was small, with no big bed or window. Plus, it was significantly farther from work.
Phew, I made the right decision. Now I just need to figure out when to shlep my stuff to the new place. What a wonderful "problem" to have! Yay.


1 Comments:
Congrats on finding a place!! Sounds like it may work out for ya. =D As for the Spanish speaking, have her speak to you in English and you speak to her in Spanish? Take care!
xo
Yvonne
Post a Comment
<< Home