Dum dum dummmmmm
I doubt you've been waiting as anxiously as I have for the meeting with my boss, but here's what came out of it:
She's very supportive of my ideas and thanked me for being so proactive. She's excited about me taking a strong strategic and business development role and I've already sat down and talked with the new senior editor to come up with an action plan to gather the necessary information and to put together a business plan. (Shocking that there is such a lack of one, really.) I'm creating a reader survey and we'll be pitching our proposed strategy to management next month. Exciting! Then will come pitch presentations to subscribers and advertisers, which I'm also excited about.
She said I need to be patient about the grunt work, but that she's open to ways of improving the process rather than just foisting it on some other poor sap. We'll see. But the company is paying for me to go to Hyderabad next week, including flight and hotel (I was expecting a couch in someone's apartment). I'll get to visit the office, do some investigative reporting for our next issue, and see the city. Apparently, there's a corporate push for people to move there because they've got a big, beautiful, empty office and living costs are half of Mumbai's.
Ah, my boss is also wide open to me writing more content for the magazine (rather than the current M.O. of managing outsider contributions). I'm anxious to slap my name on something. Anyhow, I'm ridiculously proud of myself for being so proactive and asking straight-up for what I needed to be happy and make this whole crazy adventure worthwile. She also promised to go to bat for me on the salary. I shouldn't be making the same as our junior guys right out of college. After all, I'm determining the strategy for the publication. Bring on the rupees, baby.


1 Comments:
YAY! I'm glad things are looking up on the job front. You are so determined, I have faith you can make it all happen.
Post a Comment
<< Home