November 23, 2007

First 10 days planned

Wow! I'm so excited I can barely sit still. I just booked my first 10 days of travel for after the semester ends. I'm flying down to Puerto Montt on December 11 and then taking the Navimag (http://navimag.com/) ferry ride to Puerto Natales from December 17-20. I'm so, so excited!! This is going to be the trip of a lifetime (and by that I mean one of many trips of a lifetime I hope to take!) and I'm really proud of myself for being in the position to take it. I worked hard, lived simply, and saved a lot. So, even though I haven't made any money this year, I can take a 6+ week trip around the "southern cone" while most of the other gringos head back to the States. Plus, that would be more than TWO YEARS of vacation time at my last corporate job. Now, I just have to hope that I can line up a job for next year. Living off of savings is obviously not a sustainable lifestyle! But it sure is fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home