November 04, 2007

Speaking of doofs

I can´t say that I´ve had bad luck with men in Chile. I´ve been here for eight months and have met three that I was really interested in. That, for me, is really good luck. It definitely exceeds my annual average! However, the first wasn´t interested in dating me. He kept sending mixed messages, but when it was finally final, I was relieved that he was on the proverbial curb where he belonged. The second was an amazing boyfriend, but I refused to acknowledge that he had been my boyfriend until we´d broken up. Clearly, I have some more growing up to do. The most recent professed to be extremely interested in me, but then flaked out or stood me up more times than we went out. I kept hoping he would just tell me that he wasn´t interested. Then I realized that HE WAS. Not sure who was the doof there -- him or me. In any case, I´m happily flying solo again, but this time with reason to believe that it won´t be four score and seven years before I get to give the whole duo thing another go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home