No mercy
It's the end of the semester (the last final is a week from today) and every cheater, bum, slacker, and irresponisble nitwit is begging for mercy. Despite the sob stories they tell me, the promises they make, and their pleas for "one last opportunity", in my head, I'm hearing the same thing:
Amanda, I missed a lot of classes, didn't do the online exercises, and maybe even cheated on a few quizzes. But you should ignore that 50 other students have already asked you for leniency and treat me as the special person I think I am. I deserve for you to put in extra effort and time to help me out, despite the fact that I'm an adult who has behaved like a spoiled child all semester. I know I've been irresponsible, disrespectful, and lazy, but now I'm cleaning up my act by asking you to make up a semester's worth of work at the last possible minute. Doesn't that count for anything?
And I want to say: There is no mercy left. The benefit of the doubt is gone. The well of generosity and amicability is dry. So, here's a peso, call someone who cares.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home