January 13, 2008

Playing doctor

I don't think these blisters will get better on their own. They're angry whenever I take a step and not walking at all just isn't going to happen. I went to the pharmacy (thank goodness one was open on Sunday!) and managed to explain what I needed well enough that the pharmacist produced gauze, tape, and antibiotic cream. I borrowed scissors, a needle, and thread from the people who run the hostel (it's a family who lives on-site). I won't get into the details of the procedure because it was gross. I'd never done anything like that before, so I hoped that the advice I found online was legit. It would suck to get an infection or otherwise make things worse. Rest and relaxation are on the schedule. I paid a few extra dollars to stay in a room with air conditioning. It's hot as Hades here and if I have to lay around, it might as well be bearable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home