So, um, India
I interviewed and received an offer from Intellecap (www. intellecap.net), based in Mumbai, India, to work in its publications group. It's primary publication is a magazine called Microfinance Insights (www. microfinanceinsights.com) and it's new addition is a magazine called Beyond Profit (www.beyondprofitmag.com). I'm thrilled about the job, which will get me back into economics and professional writing, and about living in India. I figure having a third continent under my belt should do wonders for my future job prospects! It also affords me the possibility to see a totally different part of the world, considering that I've never been anywhere in Asia. My first big travel opportunity will be November, when I hope to be in Singapore celebrating my niece's first birthday (her mom's there on a four-month work assignment; they leave Friday!). I also have some friends working in Burma, which I'm not sure I'd want to visit without knowing someone who knows his way around. Priorities in Mumbai include living alone (ahhh, sweet serenity!), joining a gym (guessing jogging in the streets is uncomfortable for all sorts of reasons), and finding some way to live within my rather limited budget (good for India, really low by U.S. standards). Should be pretty incredible.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home