November 27, 2008

Liar, liar pants on fire

I'm writing this entry more for myself than for anyone else. I need to let it out!

In the past two days, I've been lied to and accused of lying, respectively, by people at work. There's nothing I hate much more than being lied to and I make a conscious effort to never lie. That, combined with the fact that I didn't SAY ANYTHING to the offenders is just about killing me!! Okay, so here's the deal (though anyone who doesn't work for the institute may not get it):

1. Liar, liar yesterday. I finished a class early because we did an evaluation and I called the institute's "Junior" (Seriously, that's his job title. But he's got to be 50 and is effectively a chauffer.) to come pick me up early. He said he couldn't because he was downtown and could only arrive at the usual time (an hour from when I called). He suggested I take a taxi and get reimbursed. Okay. I was fortunate and a taxi pulled up to drop someone else off, and I hopped in. I got to the institute and who, not five minutes later, waltzed through the door with his lunch in hand. The effing Junior! He smiled and said sorry he couldn't come get me, as if I couldn't do the math. I wanted to smack him upside the head, but managed a "that's okay, now where's my reimbursement."

2. Liar, liar today. The academic director asked every teacher who had classes at a certain client to nominate one student from each course for a special breakfast and prize. I ran into her yesterday after the Junior incident and she asked me if I got the e-mail request. I said yes, but that it would be hard to pick just one student from each course. When I got home, I sent the names from my three courses, two of which have ended. WELL. Today, I get an e-mail from the director saying that I have two courses and she knows it's hard to choose, but she can't do it because she doesn't know my students. Meaning, she thinks I lied about the number of courses to get an extra student a free breakfast! I replied with as much restraint as I could muster and managed not to use the words resent, offend, lie, or hate you stupid cow.

Instead, I posted this blog entry. And I do feel a bit better. It's hard to smile and glare at the same time, which is why I forced a smile at that dimwit Junior and why I'll force one the next time I see the &^%(EW%#*@ director. (The EW was unintentional, but seems fitting.)

1 Comments:

At Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 9:03:00 AM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This too shall pass dear. The driver knows he did wrong but the Good Lord saw to it you had a safe ride to your destination.... you did not have to walk... something to be thankful for...

Directors, bosses do not know what the real people do in their jobs, nor what it takes to get it done. WE KNOW THEY COULD NOT PUT UP WITH ALL THE @#%*!#@ if they had to do our job, let alone do it as good as we do. be thankful you have a job and students, that is more than a lot of other people.

Besides you are an Auntie Amanda now.... big shoes to wear, let little P grow up to see what a wonderful lady you are and all the good decisions you have made despite the odds against you.

Looking forward to seeing you again when you come stateside
*hugs* --rainy dae--

 

Post a Comment

<< Home