Ghosts in the apartment
So I'm living in a brand spanking new apartment with a couple. The guy is Chilean and the girl is Swedish. They're about my age and really nice. We speak Spanish together and they invited me to a barbecue the first weekend I was here. Really, I picked the best place of the ones I'd seen. So my bed is small, but I have my own bathroom -- yay! No more using of my soap or, worse, my razor by the old roommate and/or her boyfriend. Ew. Plus, they wash the dishes!
But ...
Either there are ghosts in the apartment or they are passive aggressive. If I leave my window open, it closes itself. The doors to my bed and bathroom also mysteriously close themselves. Then, today, the clothes drying rack moved itself from their balcony to the communal one. I'd put my clothes on it earlier today, carefully leaving lots of room for them since the Swede said they needed to do laundry, too. So now the patio furniture is shoved in a corner and the drying rack is scrunched out there. I don't get it. I asked the guy if it bothered them that I'd put my stuff out there (the girl had said it was okay, but I'm not sure she really felt that way), and rather than answering the question directly, he said when I want to use it, we'll put it on the communal balcony.
Ummm ...
My money's on the passive aggressive roomies.
But rather than get my panties in a bunch, I'm trying to laugh at the whole thing. I mean, what kind of person compulsively closes someone else's doors??


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home