Sniggly witch
Okay, so maybe I exaggerate ... but I really have no use for my boss. Earlier this week, she talked to me about taking on some extra classes with a family -- a mom and her two kids. I have time, but refuse to work more than my minimum contract hours without a bump in pay. Otherwise, I'd just rather keep my free time. So, today, when she cornered me about the classes, I asked if we could talk and she agreed. Once in her office, I explained the situation to her and she feigned ignorance, like she didn't get that I was asking for a raise. I had the admittedly-bad urge to smack the wide-eyed, blinky look off her face. (Breathe, Amanda, breathe.)
She resaid everything that she'd already said and asked me if I'd take the classes. I calmly resaid what I had resaid, adding "Not at the current pay rate." She hemmed and hawed and said these people had "gotten a really good deal" on the class so they couldn't afford to give me any more. Nevermind that they are making mad amounts of money off the corporate classes, if her excuse was even true. She did her flapping chicken dance, asking herself who else could take the classes. She asked me if I could cover them for a while, I repeated "not at the current pay rate" like a broken record. She said she just couldn't offer me any more and said, "All I can do is ask you to take the class." I smiled and said, "And all I can say is no thank you."
Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!
It felt so good! It sucks to be guilt tripped or pressured by your boss. Especially when her M.O. is straight out of middle school. She's the girl who always has to win. She's the girl who pretends to be your friend then talks about you behind your back. You know this because you see her do it to other people. She's the girl who sniffs out vulnerability and capitalizes. She's the girl you hope will grow out of it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home