August 13, 2008

I wanna be a grown up!!

I'm really frustrated with my apartment search. It's much harder than I thought to find a good place in a good location with good people. I just wanna be a grown up again, which means:

1. no living with an unknown family!
2. no sharing a shower with 4 strangers!
3. no having to ask ahead of time if I want some friends over for dinner!
4. no seeing a sign above the sink saying to clean up after yourself (though this is clearly a problem for some people, including my current flatmate)!
5. no sleeping in an uncomfortable bed!
6. no having my closet in the hallway!

The search has been so discouraging because every place has one of the above charactaristics, if not just about all of them. Today when I got home from seeing one lovely place with a no-friends-over policy and one so-so but cheaper place in a family's home, I started reevaluating my plan. Maybe it would be worth the extra pesos (and decreased savings) to live alone again. I really would rather live with people ... but normalish people, por favor! I realized with the lovely place that the Spanish practice would probably come from being scolded for breaking house rules. No fun. So we'll see what happens ... here's hoping there are some options for single, furnished apartments that are reasonably affordable.

If not, I may throw a tantrum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home