Uninspired day
My allergies are killing me. My nose is running like a faucet yet I'm still stuffed up. My eyes are irritated and itchy. My throat feels like sandpaper. I'm exhausted.
Today, I got a new piece of information. The snarky secretary at JP Morgan was amazingly friendly today. I think we bonded over allergies. But she said that the reason everyone is suffering so much is that, at some point, Chile introduced tropical banana (don't ask me, they don't produce bananas) trees because they look pretty and grow fast. Well, guess what, they also produce and F-ton of pollen that apparently many people are violently allergic to ... including yours truly. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
The ghosts folded my laundry.
I went to the mall to buy a yoga mat. It was overpriced, but I coughed up the cash. Then, I just wanted to get home. It was a long day and I was tired. But Santiago's much-bemoaned public transportation system had other ideas. I waited for over an hour for a bus. One passed by but didn't stop because it already resembled a sardine can. Ditto the second. The third stopped long enough to let two people off ... and two people on. Finally, with my feet killing me and my spirits waning, one that was half full arrived and we sardined it up!
So now I'm finally home, laying in bed in my undies and shirt, wishing the ghosts would leave my clothes alone, that today weren't such a bad hair day, and that the national holidays would hurry up and get here already. (September 18th is Chile's independence day and the country gets both Thursday and Friday off. Ironically, it's one week after the anniversary of Pinochet's military coup that, with the support of the U.S., overthrew the democratically-elected government and reigned in the military dictatorship. Ironically, that anniversary is now shared by a big day in U.S. history. Okay, that was a really long parenthesed side note.)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home