August 26, 2009

Typhoon Amanda

My dad is so great. Here's what he said in response to the positive outcome of the conversation with my boss:

"I'll bet they did not know that Typhoon Amanda was blowing into town when they hired you....keep on blowin'...."

Not that my mom isn't great, too! Here's what she said to help me gear up for the meeting:

"You are one of the most articulate people I know, and I have confidence that you can communicate your needs to your boss. I personally think they are crazy to waste your talent on anything less than the best you have to offer, even if they don't pay you what you are worth."

Well, Typhoon Amanda is definitely blowing!

I've already launched into the major -- and majorly necessary -- task of redefining the vision and business strategy of our flagship magazine, Microfinance Insights. I plan to pour all my ingenuity, experience, and soul into it. If it comes to fruition, I will have a huge, curly, colorful feather in my cap. If it doesn't, I'll have learned a lot in the process, including that this particular company doesn't really want to get its act together. Ha!

I promise to post some India photos soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home