April 24, 2008

What abundance?

My teaching schedule has been r e a l l y s l o w to fill up. The lack of income is wearing on me. I don't like living off of my savings! I feel like I'm always going to the ATM to get more cash. I'm so responsible (some might say (slightly) miserly) about money and it rubs me all wrong to be spending more than I'm making. The stress made me lose my appetite, which I actually kind of like because it means I'm not spending much on food. I confided in a friend that I hadn't been eating and she didn't buy my positive spin. We tapped (emofree.com) a bunch about the stress and resistance to spending money on food. It worked! Today, I spent 12.000 pesos at the grocery store and the fruit stand on the corner. Let's see, I bought eggs, pasta, spaghetti sauce makings (Italian-style tomato sauce, ground beef, onions, and mushrooms), jam, cereal, milk, garlic cheese spread, plums, avocado, grapes, and meat for the bbq I'm going to on Saturday. When I got home, I ate some of the garlic cheese spread on fresh whole wheat bread I bought yesterday and grapes. Then I took an awesome nap. Tonight, I cooked up and ate some spaghetti. Yum!!

This is just one more sign that I'm sending to the universe that I trust that good things are coming my way. Yesterday, I picked up the business cards I'd ordered and also placed an ad offering private classes in Santiago's biggest newspaper. Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith. Sometimes, you have to create your own abundance. Sometimes, you just gotta eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home