May 15, 2008

Inauspicious beginning

Today is my birthday. YAY! I decided to wear jeans to work for the occasion and got out of bed with less-than-usual use of the snooze button. I went to take a shower, but the water was freezing. I tried to relight the pilot for the water heater, but to no avail. I reluctantly knocked on my flatmate's door, knowing I would be waking her up. No answer. I said her name. Nada. I knocked again louder and said her name so she might actually hear it. This elicited a groggy response and she rousted herself out of bed and came to see if she could get the durn thing lit. Nope, it wasn't just me. We're out of gas. So no shower and no hot oatmeal (the stove is also gas). Hmmm ... at least I'm in jeans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home