The funniest thing I've read in a while
Okay, so I wrote it.
My pen drive was maxed out, so I've been compressing or deleting files. I came across a dating ad I'd put on craigslist. For your reading pleasure:
I was bemoaning to a friend how much trouble I have finding guys who interest me. She asked what I was looking for, listened intently, then proclaimed, "Guys like that are *totally* out there!" Is she right?
Here's my wish list, in no particular order:
I want someone who would rather watch a documentary about the political history of China than American Idol or SportsCenter.
I want someone who avoids rowdy, drunken, chain-smoking bar-hoppers (like the plague they are in West Chester).
I want someone who seeks to understand and experience the world, and is simultaneously driven to improve it.
I want someone who likes a woman who keeps her fingernails short because it's practical, but paints her toenails because it's pretty.
I want someone who is honest and genuine, who realizes that he has feelings and is comfortable expressing them.
I want someone who would like to find someone special, but isn't in a rush to get married. (But when he does, he'd rather go white-water rafting than to a nudie bar for his bachelor party.)
I want someone who is *way* more comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt than a suit and tie ... and won't care that I only own one dress (for emergencies).
I want someone who is generous with his time & talent, responsible with his money, and fiercely devoted to who & what he cares about.
I want someone who would rather have a Prius than an Expedition, a month-long jungle trek than a week at a 5-star resort, and a stack of library books than 100 successful raids in World of Warcraft.
And, because CLers tend to have a hard time weeding themselves out, please heed the following: Don't contact me if you're married or otherwise attached; don't contact me if you smoke, do drugs, or have a history of violence against women; don't contact me if you old and/or perverted; don't contact me if you live far away. Thanks!


2 Comments:
You crack me up!
That's a great ad. It doesn't quite blend in with the other CL ads because (gasp!) it is spelled correctly and grammatically correct.
Here's mine:
SAM (That’s Single Asian Male. I’m not crazy so my name isn’t Samuel and I’m referring to myself in the third person for the heck of it.) 5’ 9”, 185, employed, have a Bachelor’s degree, don’t have kids, have never been married, and own a car that has glass for windows rather than plastic wrap.
In my likely futile attempt to be original I’m going to mention a few things that I’m not rather than list what I am:
I’m not a big fan of going clubbing. In fact I believe the last time I was in the club, 50 Cent’s “In Da Club” hadn’t yet been released.
I’m not a party animal. I do drink; I don’t smoke. I like to go out on the town like the next guy but I also don’t mind spending a night at home watching DVDs. Yes, I realize I just contradicted myself. I’m an enigma like that.
I’m not a Republican, though I don’t particularly mind if you are. Though I am a Democrat, I do support free trade and the death penalty. An open mind is all I ask.
I’m not afraid to try new things. I like to try new restaurants even though there are plenty of new places I know I can dependably get an excellent meal. I haven’t gone golfing, skiing, nor snowboarding but they’d definitely be activities I’d like to try. I drive the long way just to explore a new street.
I’m not always serious. In fact, I make a lot of jokes. Some of them are hilarious. Some of them are bad. Hopefully, you do the same.
===
Some traits I’m not particularly looking for in a woman:
I’m not searching for someone 29 or older. To be honest though, not too many 35 year old women are looking to meet 26 year old guys. Unless you’re Demi Moore.
I’m not looking for someone with kids. I know there are tons of adorable children out there but kids are not my cup of tea at this point in my life. The same goes with still-married women.
I’m not a fan of chain-smokers and/or drug users. Smoking at bars and parties is not a big problem. Taking a hit of meth during a bathroom break is definitely a problem.
I’m not impressed with a lady who doesn’t know to write. If I receive an email with more THAN a few grammatical blunders, THEN I will have to delete it. IT’S annoying to try to decipher a message due to ITS poor syntax. THERE are some people who still surprise me with THEIR weak grasp of grammar. YOU’RE probably thinking that this is nitpicking and YOUR opinion could be justified.
I’m not especially into BBWs. Nothing wrong with a few curves but BBW would get a “thanks but no thanks.”
===
As I am reading this over, it seems like I might be sending a negative impression. The “not” business makes me seem rather pessimistic. Trust me, I’m really, uh, ‘not.’ I’m probably one of the most optimistic people you’ll ever meet.
Post a Comment
<< Home