December 10, 2007

Blowing this popsicle stand

Yesterday, in 3 hours, I packed everything up. That's pretty impressive considering that I'd had 10 months to accumulate stuff and spread it around my room. I'm going to leave the suitcases at my host family's house while I'm traveling and, as has become by habit, taking just a daypack with me. It should be interesting to see if that works as well for a 6 week trip as it does for a 2 week one, but I figure once your trip is long enough that you have to do laundry once, it doesn't matter much if you have to do it several times.

I booked my flight up to Buenos Aires from Argentina's southern-most city and another one back to Santiago from Buenos Aires. The in between is pretty sketchy (as in, not planned), but that's how I want it. In fact, I'm so stoked that I can barely sit still. I leave tomorrow morning and here's my itinerary-ish:

Dec 11: fly from Santiago to Puerto Montt
Dec 11-17: explore Puerto Varas and Chiloe
Dec 17-20: take the Navimag (http://navimag.com/) to Puerto Natales
Dec 20-Jan 4: bum around the extreme south of Chile and Argentina
Jan 4: fly from Ushuaia, Argentina, to Buenos Aires
Jan 4-22: bum around Buenos Aires, probably Uruguay, and maybe Paruguay, too
Jan 22: fly from Buenos Aires to Santiago
Jan 22-27: pound the pavement looking for a job
Jan 28-29: fly from Santiago to Seattle

WOWZA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home